- The IIM Kashipur Learning Resource Centre follows an open access system.
- Books or other materials taken from the stacks should not be re-shelved by the readers, but should be left on the tables reserved for this purpose. Please remember that a book misplaced is a book lost.
- While entering the library, readers should leave their personal belongings, such as bags, brief-cases, personal books, and parcels near the counter reserved for this purpose. However, they can carry loose papers and note books, laptops, and valuable materials.
- Readers leaving the library should allow the library/security staff to examine their personal belongings.
- Readers should maintain peace in the library and should not disturb other users in any way.
- Smoking, pan chewing and spitting in the library is strictly prohibited.
- Readers should not deface, mark, cut, mutilate or damage library material in any way. If anyone is found doing so, he will be charged the full replacement cost of the material.
- The reader should check the books before borrowing to ensure that these are not damaged. If a book is found to be damaged or certain pages are missing, the borrower should get this statement recorded on the book, otherwise he/she shall be held responsible for the damage, discovered at the time of returning the books;
- Research Scholars registered for Ph.D. /FPM/EFPM of other academic institutions and Universities would be permitted for a limited period but not more than 15 days at a time against Ph.D. registration letter/ authority letter from the University.
- Library’s photocopying and database search services are fee based.
- Library’s computing facilities and database access is meant only for Faculty, PGPs, and Research and administrative staff.
- Books can be borrowed against library card issued by IIM K2 Learning Resource Center to the borrowers.
- The library card is non-transferable and their loss should be immediately reported to the library. Although the library will take all possible care against the misuse of the library card, it is the holder of the library card who is responsible for any loss to the library due to the misuse of his/her library card. A fee of Rs.300/- will be charged for issuing a duplicate card.
- Bound volumes of periodicals and journals will be issued out for one week and can be renewed once, unless there is a pending demand, for one more week. This facility is allowed to faculty members of the institute.
Issue and Return
- The borrower may return or renew the book on or before the due date. For renewing, presentation of the material along with the booklet/tickets is necessary. Renewal is not permitted if a demand is pending for the material.
- The library can recall material after two weeks of issue.
- If a book is not returned to the library when due, the borrower will be fined Rs.10/- per day per volume. Overdue fines can be paid in cash at the counter. The library can refuse to issue books to a borrower having overdue books.
- A borrower going on leave with or without salary, deputation, study leave, or extra-ordinary leave will have to return all borrowed material before leaving Kashipur.
- Loss of borrowed material must be immediately reported in writing. The replacement charge (double the current price) for lost material, will also include overdue charges if applicable.
426 total views, 3 views today